Saturday, August 28, 2010

Perfectionism in Teaching

It is 11pm on a Saturday night and I am furiously trying to make sure that I have the worlds greatest lesson plans for Monday morning. Tomorrow I have a wedding to go to (yes a wedding on a Sunday, on the day before the first student day of school!). I will get nothing done tomorrow, so I need to be ready to go today. So what have I accomplished... nada. I am still perfecting my website, syllabuses, lessons, etc. I don't think they are much better then they were 4 hours ago when my brain was still functional. In proof that it was not functional I accidentally turned on the transliteration feature in blogger (आईटी'स प्रेत्टी कूल, बुत नोट वैरी गुड इफ यू दोन'टी स्पेअक हिंदी), and it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to turn it off. I am not ready for Monday, but I must recognize that I will never be ready enough.

So tonight I sleep, tomorrow I celebrate, and Monday.... I teach!

0 comments:

Post a Comment